Monday, April 18, 2011
General Conference
General Conference weekend was amazing to say the least. My wonderful Stake Presidency from home graciously gave me 2 tickets for the Saturday morning session. {Let's just say, those tree men owed me BIG time!}It was my first time attending Conference in the Conference Center, and my gracious what an experience. Words cannot describe the way I felt when I walked through those doors. And then to be in the presence of a Prophet of God, now that, was something powerful. This will be something I cherish for the rest of my life.
Missed it? Read it or Watch it here: www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2011/04?lang=eng
My favorites were Sister Stevens {Sat. Morn}, Elder Cook {Sat. Morn}, Elder Scott {Sun. Afternoon}, and President Uchtdorf {Sun. Morn}.
I had Sarah, a friend from North Carolina, come stay with me for the weekend. She's at BYU-Idaho, and was suppose to have tickets for the Saturday morning session of Conference, but it's a loooong story. Two of her roommates came with her. I can honestly say there was never a dull moment. Don't you love times like those?
Between the Sunday Morning Session and Sunday Afternoon Session we had a mini North Carolina reunion. My roommates said they had never heard so many southern accents. {FYI People LOVE southern accents out here.} We reminicsed about the good ole days and laughed. A lot.
That weekend was probably one of my favorites since living out here. It was filled with laughter, love, and the Gospel. I'm really starting to love life, MY life. I feel like, for once, there is nothing holding me back. (:
Photo: Me, Edison, Jordan, Nathan, Daniel, and Katelyn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Follow Us
Follow The Author
Designed By Templateism | Seo Blogger Templates
No comments:
Post a Comment