Two weeks ago I had the opportunity to meet this woman.

Meet Stephanie Nielson. If you're in the market for a new role model, here you go! A couple of years ago she and her husband were in a plane crash. She was horribly burned on most of her body. I think my life has been rough at times, but nothing in comparison to her. I wish I had the poise she did. I would love to take such a tradgedy and embrace it like she has. If I can become half of the woman she is, I'll be set. And, if I can ever inspire someone the way she has me, my life will be complete.
If you have a minute or two you should check these out:
http://www.youtube.com/ -search Stephanie Nielson "I Am Not My Body"
AND
I promise you will not regret viewing either of these.
You may be wondering how I met NieNie. I promise I didn't stalk her...directly. Only kidding. My friend Katelyn's friend Mark did a documentary on a 12-year-old boy named Marius. He was only 8-years-old when his alcoholic father drenched Marius and his mother in alcohol and set them on fire. Yes, you read that right. Heartbreaking, huh? The fire then spread to the house's furnace which caused the house to blow up. They lived 2.5 hours from the nearest hospital, and the ambulance could only take one-Marius. He survived, but both of his parents died. I would go into more description of his story, but honestly, I can't convey the emotions that go along with his amazing story. So, if your interested in hollering at another inspirational role model check out Marius' website - http://www.teammarius.org/
I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to meet both of them. I can honestly say my life has been altered since hearing both of those stories. I can't say I've completely changed, but I know I do want to do better since meeting them. They've inspired me in so many ways. I mean, honestly, would you still put others needs infront of you own, when you know your needs are far more greater than theirs? They do, everyday. We could all learn from NieNie and Marius.
No comments:
Post a Comment