Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's Pronouced JAW not JAH.

Share it Please
Utahns (?) don't know how to pronounce Ws. They pronounce it with a H sound. For example, awesome = ahsome, awful = ahful, and my personal favorite aw = ah.(Ah is the sound you make when a doctor is shoving a popsicle stick down your throught, it is NOT the sound you make when something sweet just happened...just saying)So with that being said, let me tell you a funny story...

I work at Nexus Pain Care. I answer the phones, direct calls, schedule patients, and scan paperwork/billing. One day a man called in for his wife. He wanted to set her up an appointment. I had gotten all the information I needed, all except for where his wife's pain was located. This how the conversation went:

Kaitlin: "Where is your wife's pain located?"
Man: "In her jah."
Kaitlin: "In her what?"
Man: "In her jah."
Kaitlin: "Ok, I'm sorry your phone is breaking up I can't hear you." (I could so hear him, I just had no idea what he was saying!)
Man: "IN HER JAH!"
Kaitlin: "Her jah? Is that in her back? neck?"
Man: "No, in her mouth her JAH!"
Kaitlin: "Ohhh her Jaw. Ok!"
Man: "Her what?"
Kaitlin: "Her JaW"
Man: "Now I don't understand what you're saying!"
Kaitlin: (uuuggghhh...fine!)"Her jah. Let me go ask the doctor!"

Kaitlin: "Dr.R, do we treat jaW pain?"
Dr. R: "what pain?"
Kaitlin: "JAW pain?"
Dr. R: "I don't know what that is."
Kaitlin: "JaW, a part of you mouth!"
Dr.R: "Ohh jaHHH, yeah we treat that!"

I have then since been made fun of on a daily basis. Personally, they're just jealous they can't pronounce their Ws as well as people from the south. North Carolina, come on an' raise up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow Us

Follow The Author